Thursday 19 September 2013

Harvest Moon

The Pisces/Virgo full moon tonight is the Harvest Moon, the time that we reap what we have sown and grown through the past year. At yoga this morning, the teacher suggested that with the moon being in Pisces, we were experiencing a time full of deep feeling. That would certainly align with my sense of things these days!

I took a last late walk out with Baloo, enjoying the brightness of the moon as it rose high in the sky over the city, made vivid against the treescape in the tiny Place au Soleil park along Mullins Avenue.


Such a glorious time of year.

Earlier this afternoon, my friend Cynthia and I had the pleasure of sampling some moon cakes, traditional delicacies for the autumn moon festival, courtesy of my lovely tenant Maggie. An interesting mix of plum, purple yam, date, and other flavours, these were an interesting cake/cookie hybrid. Mmmmm!


Thanks, Maggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment